Selecting elements by area

From: Samuel Setchell
Subject: Selecting elements by area
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:54:01 +0100

Dear All

I am currently experiencing difficulty selecting elements of a bw image based
on the area or number of touching pixels. This help group pointed me towards
bwlabel.m which I was unable to use for some reason (most likely user error!)
but I came across mybwlabel.m by  David Fletcher (I think this is the correct
author)

This has got me to the point of labelling each conjoined areas but it does this
from top left to bottom right not based of size or area. I was wondering if
anyone knew of a way of only selecting areas that were above/below a particular
size? I thought about creating some kind of frequency tables and selecting the
unique areas and labels to be removed. Is this the right path to go down? Is
this a more simple operation that I am making it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Sam