Re: regarding Y axis fontsize

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: regarding Y axis fontsize
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:59:43 -0400

On Jul 13, 2011, at 5:18 AM, preeti gaikwad wrote:

>  Hello all,
>            please help me to increase the font size in Y axis I am writing
> command
>
> set(gca,'Ytick','FontSize', 20,'Fontname','arial');
> is that wrong???
> for x axis IF I do that
> set(gca,'Xtick',0:1:10);
> set(gca,'FontSize',20,'Fontname','arial');
> set(gca,'linewidth',3)
>
> then its correct but how to do same for y axis?????
>
> second problem how to put bold letters for x and y and titles???? thanks a
> lot in advance
> --
> preeti gaikwad

The command below changes to font for the entire axis.

        set(gca,'FontSize',20,'Fontname','arial');

The xtick and ytick properties define the location of the tick marks. The text
which accompanies the tick marks is defined by xticklabel and yticklabel. The
font properties for the tick labels are inherited from the axis object.

Regarding the xlabel and ylabel objects, try ...

        xlabel ("xlabel", "fontweight", "bold")
        ylabel ("ylabel", "fontweight", "bold")

or ...

        hx = xlabel ("xlabel");
        hy = ylabel ("ylabel");
        set (hx, "fontweight", "bold")
        set (hy, "fontweight", "bold")

or ...

        set (get (gca, "xlabel"), "fontweight", "bold")
        set (get (gca, "ylabel"), "fontweight", "bold")

If any of this does not work for you, please tell us which OS and version of
Octave you are running.

Ben