Re: Weird Error when trying to execute my programs - I'm stacked!

From: Juan Ansó
Subject: Re: Weird Error when trying to execute my programs - I'm stacked!
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 21:24:52 +0100

Dear Andy and all,

for some reason I still get the the problem I pointed out in this post, two weeks ago. You were right at that point I was not typing the name correctly so that the error was normal. However, the proble is still there, I can type the name correctly (using the completion tab key) but still appears this strange error. The name of the file I want to excute is String.m

Attached, a shot where you can see the dir with the file and the three consecutive errors when attempting to execute the file from the comand line. The error says:

error: "String" undefined near line 12 column 1

I copy the same code within another file named, exercise3_3.m, execute from the comand line, and it works fine... weird, right?

any idea why this error happens???

It's very strange, but it's really imposible to work fluently and progress with my tasks if I don't solve this issue. This happens not only for this file, but for most of the working programs I have in the directory...

Thanks all for your help!

 Juan

2010/11/8 Andy Buckle <address@hidden>
> You can see in the attached capture that the program doesn't contain any
> error at all, just creates an array of three elements, since the rest of the
> code is comented. However, it still gives the error.
> Could you tell me any advice to fix this problem??
> Thanks a lot for your help!

Your script is called exercise3_3.m and you typed exercise_3_3. I find
tab completion helps me, as I am butterfingered.

--
/* andy buckle */

--
Juan Ansó Romeo