Re: How to stop: "warning: mark_as_command is obsolete and will be remov

From: David Smith
Subject: Re: How to stop: "warning: mark_as_command is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave"
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:38:53 -0800

Thank you all for the terrific help.  I had no idea where to look.  With the
suggestions I isolated the problem to the pkg communications-1.0.10.
where PKG_ADD contains the line:

mark_as_command comms

I a still a little puzzled though because of this:  The Problem I asked for
help with is using version 3.2.4 on Windows.  But I also have an installation
fo 3.2.4 on Ubuntu (same version of communications pkg and it doesn't
produce the warning message.

Now I have one more question.  The program I have built I am passing
along to other users and I don't want to explain about editing the octaverc
file.  Is there any way to bypass the autoload on startup in order to speed up the
execution?  I tried using --norc, which doesn't load the packages but it also
can't find the packages if I want to load them in the script.

Much Thanks,

Dave Smith

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21-Nov-2010, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:

| Hello
|
| Strictly speaking it is difficult to say what one see the message as a bug.
| It comes from some octave-package uses deprecated commands.
| Anyway it is annoying.
|
| Please search
| octaverc
| in ...\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\3.2.4\m\startup
| ('...' part the above depends on your installing folder. Default it is 'C:')
|
| There you can find
| pkg ("load", "auto");
|
| Please modify as
|
| warning ("off","Octave:deprecated-function");
| pkg ("load", "auto");
| warning ("on","Octave:deprecated-function");

Or you could remove the "mark_as_command" commands from the PKG_ADD
files.

jwe