Re: How to stop: "warning: mark_as_command is obsolete and will be remov

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: How to stop: "warning: mark_as_command is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave"
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 05:20:26 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Strictly speaking it is difficult to say what one see the message as a bug.
It comes from some octave-package uses deprecated commands.
Anyway it is annoying.

Please search
octaverc
in ...\Octave\3.2.4_gcc-4.4.0\share\octave\3.2.4\m\startup
('...' part the above depends on your installing folder. Default it is 'C:')

There you can find
pkg ("load", "auto");

Please modify as

warning ("off","Octave:deprecated-function");
pkg ("load", "auto");
warning ("on","Octave:deprecated-function");

Regards

Tatsuro