Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows

From: Hennecke Marcus
Subject: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 23:10:48 +0200

Hello,

I would like to use the OpenCV library from Octave on a Windows platform.
Apparently, bindings do exist but are not maintained well. I have installed
Octave 3.2.4 as part of the cygwin package and I have installed the OpenCV 2.1
library. However, this does not seem to suffice.

Is it necessary to compile either Octave or OpenCV (or both) from the sources
to get it to work? Is there an installer that will do the necessary magic? Are
there certain files that I have to place in certain directories? Which
environment variables do I have to set?

I would appreciate any help you can offer. I already searched the archives for
this list as well as the OpenCV forum but without luck so far.

Thanks in advance!
Marcus