Re: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Using OpenCV in Octave for Windows
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 18:36:12 -0700

man, 31 05 2010 kl. 23:10 +0200, skrev Hennecke Marcus:
> I would like to use the OpenCV library from Octave on a Windows
> platform. Apparently, bindings do exist but are not maintained well. I
> have installed Octave 3.2.4 as part of the cygwin package and I have
> installed the OpenCV 2.1 library. However, this does not seem to
> suffice.

I am not a Windows user, nor do I use OpenCV via Octave, so I don't have
much advice to offer.

>From what I know, the Octave-OpenCV bindings are part of OpenCV. To
build them, you have to compile OpenCV with Octave support (this is not
default as far as I know). This will require a setup where you have
Octave and OpenCV compiled with the same compiler (I think; might not be
necessary as the bindings work against the C code in OpenCV).

So tell us a little bit about your environment. Which compilers do you
use? Can you use OpenCV from within cygwin? Did you compile OpenCV in
cygwin?

Søren