Re: how to improve sequence plotting speed (to get more fluent animation

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: how to improve sequence plotting speed (to get more fluent animation)?
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:24:39 +0900 (JST)

Hello

The following topic is for octave for windows 8 month before.  Is it related
the phenomena on the
discussion?

Before octave-3.2.3, octave exhausts CPU Power in plotting to gnuplot.
This makes the speed of plot on octave/mingw32 very slow.

http://n4.nabble.com/Plotting-with-3-2-0-on-Windows-is-SLOOOOOOWWWW-td1637250.html#a1637262

sleep(0.05) in the loop as described in the thread , the CPU consumption by the
octave is fairly
reduced (In cerelon M, it was reduced from 99% to that smaller than 20%) and
then plot speed was
improved in one core machine.  Even for multi-core machine,wasting CPU power is
not good.

The changeset is
http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-2-x/rev/9107c882f193

The above changeset seems to also be applied in the development source.

Regards

Tatsuro