Re: how to improve sequence plotting speed (to get more fluent animatio

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: how to improve sequence plotting speed (to get more fluent animation)?
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:41:04 -0500

Torsten,

How many CPU cores are in your computer?
On my dual-core computer
when I run the octave script I see in top 100% cpu used by  octave,
~25% by gnuplot and ~20% by Xorg.
When I run perl script, then gnuplot takes 80% and Xorg ~50%
(perl does run faster than octave by a factror of 2 or so).
The perl script itself takes about ~2% .

So if you have a single core, then octave would compete with
gnuplot and xorg for CPU time and thus slow things down.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.