Re: trying to optimize my octave program

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: trying to optimize my octave program
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:29:09 -0400

I modified your example code so that it runs and made a stupid
analyze.m that does nothing--anyway I don't think I broke it. I ran it
to see how much overhead this structure is causing on my system.

octave:1> testfor
Elapsed time is 2.75838 seconds.

If analyze.m only takes 0.01sec then 6*21*8*3*3*3*3 iterations should
be about 18 min? I would say the for loop structure overhead is
negligible compared to whatever is happening inside analyze.m. Does
analyze() slow down eventually (are the vectors growing)? Maybe it
starts at 0.01sec at the beginning and gets slower? Is this example
code much slower on your machine (I don't have much experience with
the Windows port)?

--judd