Re: Root Locus plots

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: Root Locus plots
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:29:48 -0400

I believe you are missing one point.

The (rlocus ) root locus uses the open loop poles and zeros not the closed loop system.

The root locus is the location of the system roots as you increase the loop gain, As the loop gain gos from 0 to infinity the system roots move from the open loop poles to the open loop zeros (some may be at infinity). Octave uses the open loop equations to draw the rlocus.

Doug