Re: iris scanner ann using octave

From: Warren Henning
Subject: Re: iris scanner ann using octave
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 11:05:22 -0700

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:08 PM, farra <address@hidden> wrote:

> please help me with my program. I need to have a neural networked iris
> scanner using octave not matlab. does anyone know the program codes? please
> help me. i need your reply as soon as possible. thank you and god bless
> you....

Well, you need to work out some things.

0. Homework. Have you read any relevant literature on this issue? You
owe it to yourself to do a cursory search on Google Scholar.

1. Data. You need, at minimum, a representative training and test data set.

2. Feature extraction. From these iris scans, you need to decide what
features you're going to use and how based on the specific
circumstances of your problem.

3. Learning algorithm. There are many kinds of artificial neural
networks. Is that even the right kind of algorithm to use? If so,
which one?

4. Training algorithm. Having decided on what architecture you're
going to use, you need to decide how you're going to train it.

I wrote these steps as numbered 1 through 4, but it's an iterative
process that may need to be repeated multiple times.

As for particular implementations of algorithms, try searching
Octave-Forge. http://octave.sourceforge.net/ e.g. this implementation
of a feedforward neural network:
http://octave.sourceforge.net/nnet/index.html

Warren