Re: RE: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vi

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: RE: Resetting the comment character(s)...in Notepad++ for Windows Vista
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:13:56 +0100

> Hm-mm.  I couldn't find #2906082 in the GNU Octave Repository.  And the
> bug-octave archives (https://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/)
> doesn't allow me to search on bug #.  Apparently I'm looking in the wrong
> place.

It's a bug filed against notepad++, not octave
see
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2906082&group_id=95717&atid=612382
sorry for omitting the obvious link in the first place.

> I don't mind moving to a new editor.  Is there a preferred one for Windows
> Vista?  Also, does anyone use a workspace-environment application like
> Matlab has (e.g., shows your variables in one window, your code in
> another,
> etc.) that works for Octave in Vista?

I don't really know of a native windows environment (and frankly I had never
eagerly searched for one, so I might simply be ignorant of one).

Regarding text editors, there is a huge variety from small&simple like SciTE to
verbose ones like emacs. Google is your friend here. Choose what you like.
In octave, you can switch the text editor using the EDITOR() function.
Use single-quotes for the path to allow a native windows path with backslashes

   EDITOR('c:\my\favorite\text\editor.exe');

benjamin

--
GMX DSL: Internet, Telefon und Entertainment für nur 19,99 EUR/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02