Re: Licensing of Octave Scripts

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Licensing of Octave Scripts
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 22:44:18 -0600

On 5 February 2010 17:22, Trevor Law <address@hidden> wrote:
> On the Octave license page it is stated:
> "Although enhancements to Octave that are written as function files in
> Octave's scripting language are not required to be redistributed under
> the terms of the GPL, we encourage you to release your enhancements to
> Octave under the same terms for the benefit of all users."

You should believe this. Octave is part of the GNU project, hence you
should assume that the GNU project knows how to interpret its own
license.

> However the FSF GPL FAQ

I don't think you should think too hard about this. Octave already
said what you can do with Octave scripts.

If your doubts persist and you believe Octave can't interpret its own
license, consult a lawyer.