Re: namespace support?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: namespace support?
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 17:20:26 -0500

On  4-Feb-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| It's simpler than that, I think. It appears that newest Matlab allows
| prefixing some directories with "+", and
| +mydir/myfun.m can then be called as "mydir.myfun". Maybe it wouldn't
| be that hard to implement.
| see

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_oop/brfynt_-1.html#brf3g8k

So packages can just be collections of functions and don't have to be
collections of classdef-style classes?  OK.  All the different
half-assed tack-on thought-about-it-for-two-seconds-and-implemented-it
namespace management methods in Matlab have me a bit confused.

If it is more complicated than that, then let's discuss it on the
maintainers list.

Thanks,

jwe