Re: namespace support?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: namespace support?
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 07:13:06 +0100

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 11:20 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> On  4-Feb-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>
> | It's simpler than that, I think. It appears that newest Matlab allows
> | prefixing some directories with "+", and
> | +mydir/myfun.m can then be called as "mydir.myfun". Maybe it wouldn't
> | be that hard to implement.
> | see
> |
> http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/matlab_oop/brfynt_-1.html#brf3g8k
>
> So packages can just be collections of functions and don't have to be
> collections of classdef-style classes?  OK.

Yes, that's my understanding. I can't check, though. The
mypackage.myfunc syntax can also be achieved through static methods,
which is so Java-like and so stupid, that MathWorks probably went for
something simpler.

I think this shouldn't be hard to implement.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek, PhD
computing expert & GNU Octave developer