Re: CUDA acceleration in GNU Octave

From: Thomas Weber
Subject: Re: CUDA acceleration in GNU Octave
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:26:35 +0100

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 12:40:36AM -0800, Eric Chassande-Mottin wrote:

> >> is anyone working on porting CUDA acceleration scheme (for 2D FFT) on GNU
> >> Octave ?
> >
> > Octave uses FFTW for FFT, so if your FFTW library uses CUDA, so does
> > Octave.
>
> I don't think this is a correct statement.
> fftw does not seem to support calls to GPU.
> could you point me to a reference?

I didn't say that FFTW supports CUDA. I said: *if* it supports it,
Octave will benefit from it without further work.

I have no idea about CUDA support in any library out there. I also don't
think it makes much sense to create free software and then tie yourself
to just one hardware vendor, but that's probably just me.

        Thomas