Re: Octave on Mac (Intel): GNUplot problem

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Octave on Mac (Intel): GNUplot problem
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:09:05 -0400

That does it, Thomas. Thanks!

No need for pause(10); pause(0.01) works fine.

Regards,

Vic

On Oct 14, 2009, at 3:34 PM, Thomas Treichl wrote:

Vic Norton schrieb:
Hi Thomas,
I'm running Octave 3.2.3 and Gnuplot 4.2.6 on Mac OSX 10.6.1. These Octave and Gnuplot live in Octave.app and Gnuplot.app respectively.
The plotting commands
x=0:0.1:2*pi;
plot(2*sin(x));
plot3(sin(x), cos(x), x);
work perfectly (via Aquaterm) when I run Octave interactively.
On the other hand I often use Octave and Gnuplot (separately) via the shebang lines
#!/usr/local/bin/octave
#!/usr/local/bin/gnuplot
The octave and gnuplot files here are symbolic links to the corresponding files in the Octave and Gnuplot applications. On my system calling gnuplot from octave via the shebang line:
#!/usr/local/bin/octave
x=0:0.1:2*pi;
plot(2*sin(x));
plot3(sin(x), cos(x), x);
produces nothing. What do I need to add to make this octave/gnuplot combination work? Am I just missing some output file line?
Regards,
Vic

Hhmmm, I somewhen had a similar problem (I think). Can you please add the command

pause (10);

at the end of your script and then please try again.

Thomas