Re: Plot window freezes

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Plot window freezes
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 15:05:12 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Please specify version number of octave at the question.

On octave 3.2.2-mingw on my computer on win xp, I cannot confirm the behavior
that you have pointed
out.

After
 plot( 1:10 )

cursor coordinates shown in the lower left part of the plot window did update,
correctly.
In addition, the mouse zoom in 2D plot worked fine.

Regards

Tatsuro

--- Leonard Wayne wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am running Octave for the first time.
> When I issue this command
>
>     plot( 1:10 )
>
> the correct plot is generated, but then
> the plot window immediately freezes.  The
> cursor coordinates shown in the lower left
> part of the plot window do not update, and
> soon Windows reports the plot window is
> not responding.  Does anyone know what
> could be wrong?
>
> I used the Windows installer on Octave Forge.
> I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 3.
>
> Is gnuplot what Octave uses?  I have gnuplot
> installed separately under Cygwin where it
> seems to work fine.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> - Len

GyaO! - Anime, Dramas, Movies, and Music videos [FREE]
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/gyao/