Re: problem with matrices operator

From: Carlo de Falco
Subject: Re: problem with matrices operator
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 07:46:07 +0200

On 9 Oct 2009, at 04:44, febty febriani wrote:

for year in 2009
do
for month in 01 ....12 (12 months)
do
for day in 01 ....31 (31 days)
do
for hour in 00....23  (23 hours)
do
for min in 00
do
for  sec in 00
do

dir=...... (I define my folder, because I use different folder for data, result and program. It is just for folder arrangement )

octave -q <<EOF

octave scripts

EOF

you could do the same just with an octave script

----------8<--------------
#!/path/to/octave ##so that you can run the script from bash

year=2009
for month=1:12
  for day=1:31
    for hour=0:23
      min=0; sec=0;
      dir=<...>;
filename=sprintf("%s/data-1day-1Hz/fft-%d%2.2d.dat", dir, year, month);
      fid=fopen(filename,"r"); # or:
                               # load (filename);

      ## other octave commands

      plot (...)
      print (...) ## to save the plot to a file

      fclose (fid)
    endfor
  endfor
endfor

this should be __MUCH__ faster as it would not fire up many
different instances of octave and gnuplot.

HTH,
c.