Re: problem with matrices operator

From: febty febriani
Subject: Re: problem with matrices operator
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:44:32 +0900

Sorry, I repost because I added a little explanation about directory.

best regards,
febty

2009/10/8 Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden>

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:22 PM, febty febriani <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> thanks very much for your response. I tried what John suggested. It worked
> perfectly with a little trick. Maybe, my data size are too large so Octave
> can not plot my data, so I used trick to save all the result of matrices
> operator and plot by gnuplot.

Why do you think Octave can't plot your data? What happens?

I didn't know what happened. when I did it by manual  at the Octave prompt, I can see my plot. But, when I called my script by using its name (bash name), such as ./scripts.bash on the terminal, I can not see my plot and there were any error message on the terminal. So, I saved my Octave result and plot it by gnuplot. It worked.

> For John, I run my Octave script in Bash, because I must run the script more
> than once, so I used $, and {} to define my data folder.

You could also do that in Octave. That would probably be better,
because starting Octave takes up a nontrivial amount of time.

yes, your are right. By using bash, it need much more times to running the scripts, but I can get result of all my data all at once. In Octave, I don't yet know how to define it. I mean, I need bash to define like below ..

for year in 2009
do
for month in 01 ....12 (12 months)
do
for day in 01 ....31 (31 days)
do
for hour in 00....23  (23 hours)
do
for min in 00
do
for  sec in 00
do

     dir=......   (I define my folder, because I use different folder for data, result and program. It is just for folder arrangement )

octave -q <<EOF

octave scripts

EOF

convert  (for picture)