Re: octave - xv - image viewer

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: octave - xv - image viewer
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 15:17:23 +0200

søn, 04 10 2009 kl. 06:05 -0700, skrev lmhelp:
> Ok... snif.
> I am going to upgrade to Octave > 3.0.
> I'll let you know if it works or not.

It comes with a large set of wonderful new features, so you should be
happy to have an excuse to upgrade :-)

> "My" Octave doesn't seam to be using "xv" by default...
> Where can I check which default image viewer Octave uses?

I don't have a version of 2.1.x on my machine, so I'm not sure. I think
you should look at the source for the 'image' function, to see what's
going on. To do this, run

  type image

from the Octave prompt.

> Ooops, by the way... my "xv" version is 3.10a
> What do you think about that?

I haven't used 'xv' in ages, so I don't really know; sorry.

Søren