Re: octave - xv - image viewer

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: octave - xv - image viewer
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 14:12:00 +0200

Hi,

søn, 04 10 2009 kl. 04:05 -0700, skrev lmhelp:
> I want to use "xv" as "octave"'s image viewer.
>
> I read one should use a command such as:
> image_viewer("xv");

I believe you should use

  image_viewer ("xv %s");

> My problem is the following:
> where does this command has to be executed?
> - At "octave"'s command line?
> - In a "~/.octaverc" file?

Both options work.

> And... if it was not too much asking, could you post me your
> "~/.octaverc" file because I have none and cannot find any
> sample on the Internet .

Most people do not have such a file as the default settings work quite
well. The '~/.octaverc' is just an Octave script that is evaluated when
Octave is started. This means you can put any commands in this file.

In your case, just create a file with the following contents:

  image_viewer ("xv %s");

and that should be it.

Søren