Re: octave - xv - image viewer

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: octave - xv - image viewer
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2009 21:08:14 +0200

søn, 04 10 2009 kl. 10:46 -0700, skrev lmhelp:
> Despite the fact that I am not sure "xv" displayed the image (and not
> for instance the default Octave image viewer which is [I don't know])...
> the image is displayed and, in a certain way, it is what I wanted... :)

By default, Octave 3.0.x and 3.2.x uses Gnuplot to display images. This
has the advantage that you can plot on top of images, e.g.

  imshow (blabla)
  hold on
    plot (1:10, sin (1:10))
  hold off

You cannot do this if you use an external image viewer.

Anyway, it seems that you solved your problem, which was the most
important thing :-)

Søren