Re: Print plot error

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Print plot error
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:49:35 -0400

On Monday, August 24, 2009, at 09:32PM, "Ben Abbott" <address@hidden> wrote:

>On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Rob Mahurin wrote:
>
>> On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
>>> Sorry for my lack ... but will waitpid kill non-zombie children?
>>>
>>> There is an active gnuplot for each figure window. Would wiatid
>>> terminate those children as well?
>>
>> No, see the man page for the wait4() and waitpid() system calls.
>>
>> waitpid(-1,0) will hang if there are children still running, but
>> waitpid(-1,WNOHANG) will just return zero.
>>
>> If there are not children running, waitpid(-1,anything) should just
>> return -1.
>>
>> Don't believe me, test it.
>>
>> Rob
>
>Sorry, I don't mean to question you, only trying to learn about
>something I have no prior experience with.
>
>If neither of you get to it, I'll try to put together a quck changeset
>tomorrow (attributed to you and Dmitri).
>
>Ben

New problem. I'm presently unable to build the developers sources, and am
running 3.2.2 instead.

octave:9> waitpid (-1,"WNOHANG")
error: invalid conversion from string to real scalar
error: octave_base_value::int_value (): wrong type argument `sq_string'
error: waitpid: OPTIONS must be an integer

My c/c++ skills are not to be trusted. Can someone look into a fix for this?

Ben