Re: Print plot error

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Print plot error
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 21:32:20 -0400

On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Rob Mahurin wrote:

On Aug 24, 2009, at 9:14 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
Sorry for my lack ... but will waitpid kill non-zombie children?

There is an active gnuplot for each figure window. Would wiatid terminate those children as well?

No, see the man page for the wait4() and waitpid() system calls.

waitpid(-1,0) will hang if there are children still running, but
waitpid(-1,WNOHANG) will just return zero.

If there are not children running, waitpid(-1,anything) should just return -1.

Don't believe me, test it.

Rob

Sorry, I don't mean to question you, only trying to learn about something I have no prior experience with.

If neither of you get to it, I'll try to put together a quck changeset tomorrow (attributed to you and Dmitri).

Ben