Re: local variables in debugger : Octave 3.2.2

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: local variables in debugger : Octave 3.2.2
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 11:57:33 +0200

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:45 PM, Rishi Amrit<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I have a keyboard statement inside a function which I am calling from my
> main script. When Octave stops in the debug mode, I dont see the variables
> in the scope of that function. I only see the variables in the out main
> script. Eg:
>
> main.m:
>
> a=1; b=2;
> fun2;
>

> fun2.m
> function fun2
> c=1; d=2;
> keyboard
>

> Now when I run,
>
> octave> main
> keyboard: stopped in fun2.m
> octave> who
> a    b
>

> Why am I not seeing the local variables ? This was not the case in Octave
> 3.0.5. Seems to be there in Octave 3.2.2. Any ideas on what changed ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rishi

I think the following patch is in order:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/fb22dd5d6242

there's no need to skip the built-in function stack frame, because
get_debug_input already does that all right, and there's no need to
save and restore the frame, because do_keyboard does it.

John, can you check it out? I hope this didn't spoil something else.

regards

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer