local variables in debugger : Octave 3.2.2

From: Rishi Amrit
Subject: local variables in debugger : Octave 3.2.2
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:45:13 -0500

Hi,

    I have a keyboard statement inside a function which I am calling from my main script. When Octave stops in the debug mode, I dont see the variables in the scope of that function. I only see the variables in the out main script. Eg:

main.m:

a=1; b=2;
fun2;

fun2.m
function fun2
c=1; d=2;
keyboard

Now when I run,

octave> main
keyboard: stopped in fun2.m
octave> who
a    b

Why am I not seeing the local variables ? This was not the case in Octave 3.0.5. Seems to be there in Octave 3.2.2. Any ideas on what changed ?

Thanks,

Rishi