Re: Weird problem with function ls or system("ls...")

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: Weird problem with function ls or system("ls...")
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 12:57:25 -0400

On Jul 28, 2009, at 12:05 PM, Christian Weickhmann wrote:
When I do an ls() or system("ls ...") in octave where no file matches my search pattern, instead of returning an empty set, octave gives me a "No such file or
directory".

That message comes from your system's ls, not from octave.

In Octave, try "glob".

Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
University of Manitoba, Dept. of Physics & Astronomy