Re: Number of decimals of axis labels

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Number of decimals of axis labels
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 07:53:59 -0400

On Jun 12, 2009, at 6:39 AM, German Ocampo wrote:

Ben

Another additional issue, When I tried to print the plot to png image I get an error message "gdImageStringFT: Could not find/open font while printing string Speed with font Helvetica". Looking in nabble archive (A problem with fonts and/or printing PNG files March 2008) I tried setting the GDFONTPATH environment variable to the font directory, but it doesnt work. Looking inside the directory I didn't find the Helvetica font, then I changed the fontname to Arial using

ylabel("Speed","fontsize",8,"FontName", "ARIAL.ttf","rotation",90)

and is funny because in the image saved I get the title rotated, but in the gnuplot window the title is not rotated. I think there are a problem with fonts between Octave-gnuplot in the windows version.

Questions

- How can I change the default font from Helvetica to another in octave?
- Some help in how to say to gnuplot the font to use?

Thanks

German

Regarding the ylabel rotation, please provide a complete example. For me that default rotation for the ylabel is 90 degrees.

To change the default font, try adding the following the our ~/.octaverc

        set (0, "defaultaxesfontname", "Arial.ttf")
        set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "Arail.ttf")

You may continue to get font messages/warnings as the same fonts do not work will all output formals. For that reason, the default- defaults are

        set (0, "defaultaxesfontname", "*")
        set (0, "defaulttextfontname", "*")

Ben