Re: Octave on Linux

From: Ram
Subject: Re: Octave on Linux
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:03:48 -0400

Hi,

I got your email from some forums when googled for Octave failures.

Can you please help me or direct me the right way in this regard?

I am new to Octave.

I was asked to install Octave 3.2.0 on Linux box and Octave 3.0.5 already exists.

When I try to do ./configure, it says the below...
configure: error: g++ version 3.4.6 will probably fail to compile Octave
The gcc details available on the system are below:
# rpm -qa | grep gcc
compat-gcc-32-c++-3.2.3-47.3
libgcc-3.4.6-11
gcc-c++-3.4.6-11