Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 20:51:20 -0400

On Jun 2, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Rob Mahurin wrote:

On Jun 2, 2009, at 2:16 AM, Bernard Desgraupes wrote:
I also stumbled recently into this recently. The problem is that the
CoreGraphics framework is in the ApplicationServices framework and the
latter is not passed to the linker.

You must modifiy the declaration of OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS in the file
src/Makefile.in (or directly in the Makefile if you do not want to
regenerate everything).
Replace
OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS = \
-L../liboctave $(LIBOCTAVE) -L../libcruft $(LIBCRUFT) $(LIBS) $ (FLIBS) \
  $(OPENGL_LIBS)

by
OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS = \
-L../liboctave $(LIBOCTAVE) -L../libcruft $(LIBCRUFT) $(LIBS) $ (FLIBS) \
  $(OPENGL_LIBS) $(CARBON_LIBS)

Including (CARBON_LIBS) does the trick since it will automatically
call the ApplicationServices headers and hence the CoreGraphics headers.

If you make this change in src/Makefile.in, you must re-run the
configuration.

Thanks Bernard, that did the trick.

Ben: I remember you had evolved a fairly elaborate set of arguments to ./configure. Does something you do have this same effect? Would it be appropriate to patch the sources as attached?

Rob

My args to configure descend from those used by the Fink (a package management system for Mac OSX). Thus, I'm not very knowledgeable. I've cc'd Thomas Treichl as he he has a lot of experience in this area.

Ben