Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X

From: Bernard Desgraupes
Subject: Re: Problem compiling Octave on Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:16:27 +0200

I also stumbled recently into this recently. The problem is that the CoreGraphics framework is in the ApplicationServices framework and the latter is not passed to the linker.

You must modifiy the declaration of OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS in the file src/Makefile.in (or directly in the Makefile if you do not want to regenerate everything).
Replace
OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS = \
-L../liboctave $(LIBOCTAVE) -L../libcruft $(LIBCRUFT) $(LIBS) $ (FLIBS) \
  $(OPENGL_LIBS)

by
OCTINTERP_LINK_DEPS = \
-L../liboctave $(LIBOCTAVE) -L../libcruft $(LIBCRUFT) $(LIBS) $ (FLIBS) \
  $(OPENGL_LIBS) $(CARBON_LIBS)

Including (CARBON_LIBS) does the trick since it will automatically call the ApplicationServices headers and hence the CoreGraphics headers.

If you make this change in src/Makefile.in, you must re-run the configuration.

cheers,

Bernard