numerical integration of a double integral

From: Jérôme Rousselot
Subject: numerical integration of a double integral
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:08:10 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to compute an integral of the form:

int(-Tb,+Tb, A^2)

where A=int(-U,+U, f*g)

I tried to use quadl as follows:

sigmam2a = quadl("ga2", -Tb, +Tb,  0.000001)

with

ga2.m:
function ga2 = ga2(tau)
   ga2 = ga(tau).^2;
endfunction

and ga.m implementing A:

function I = ga(tau)
  I = zeros(1, length(tau));
  T = 0.000000032;
  for i=1:length(tau)
    f = @(t) b0(t-tau(i)).*b0(t) ;
    I(i) = quadl(f, -T/2, +T/2, 0.000001);
  endfor
endfunction

While this approach runs and gives me a numeric result, I have some
doubts on the validity of this approach, especially regarding the effect
of the squaring.
However, I am not familiar with numerical integration techniques and
cannot find relevant information on this type of integral.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks,

Jérôme