Re: cmd.exe colors

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: cmd.exe colors
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:10:45 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Frank Luis Enrique wrote:

> Dear Tatsuro,
>
> Do you know how to define  from the command line of cmd.exe background
> colours as the ones available in the pallet? I think using octave from
> cmd.exe would be much more friendly if the cmd window could be
> customized appropiately. But the colour options suggested by the help
> are only 8. The pallet from "properties" supplies much more options,
> but I couldn't find the way to set them from the command line. My idea
> is to create a .cmd file which invokes both the cmd.exe and octave,
> and sets all properties.
>
> Thanks!
> Luis

I also do not know how to change the properties of the color setting of cmd.exe.
But it can be saved to the shortcut properties for octave.exe.

Please see:
http://www.geocities.jp/tmacchant2/cmdcolor.pdf

OTOH, what I wrote 'easy edit mode' is my translation from Japanese version of
MS-Window.
It is correctly 'quick edit mode' in English.

Please see
http://blogs.msdn.com/adioltean/archive/2004/12/27/332974.aspx

Regards

Tatsuro