Re: Matlab tools boxes

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Matlab tools boxes
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 07:54:23 +0200

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Griffith Dan-RYZL90
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Octave,
>
> We use Matlab from Mathworks.   In conjunction with Matlab we rely on
> several Mathworks tool boxes including Communications Toolbox, Filter Design
> Toolbox, Signal Toolbox, Statistics Toolbox, Control Toolbox, and Fixed
> Point Toolbox to name a few.  Does Octave provide these same tool boxes?  We
> are in semiconductor design, would your product be an alternative or is
> Octave just the base Matlab type product?

Octave is far from anything like "Matlab type product". Octave is a
community project based on collaborative effort and there is no clear
provider/customer separation as with Matlab.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer