Matlab tools boxes

From: Griffith Dan-RYZL90
Subject: Matlab tools boxes
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:29:25 -0600

Octave,

We use Matlab from Mathworks.   In conjunction with Matlab we rely on several Mathworks tool boxes including Communications Toolbox, Filter Design Toolbox, Signal Toolbox, Statistics Toolbox, Control Toolbox, and Fixed Point Toolbox to name a few.  Does Octave provide these same tool boxes?  We are in semiconductor design, would your product be an alternative or is Octave just the base Matlab type product?

Regards

Dan