Re: Re: Octave review

From: Wolfgang Schechinger
Subject: Re: Re: Octave review
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 22:21:33 +0100

> This may be a nice feature, but it may also be considered as a
> problem (especially if one uses Octave to write code that should also
> work with Matlab).

I would not want to miss these proprietary features! Octave is not a Matlab
replacement, even it might be widely considered as one and many users have
discovered Octave while they were looking for a no-cost-substitute for Matlab.
Thus I consider it more important to be able to run Matlab code within Octave
but not vice versa.

If downward compatibility to Matlab is required, one might request a switch or
option to force it within Octave - a modus that can produce warnings when
statements are used which are not compatible with Matlab. This would ensure
cross-compatibility.

Best regards,

Wolfgang
--
Jetzt 1 Monat kostenlos! GMX FreeDSL - Telefonanschluss + DSL
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a