Re: Easy Wavelet capability - got it right finally

From: Marc Normandin
Subject: Re: Easy Wavelet capability - got it right finally
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 00:56:43 -0400

[bumping from octave-maintainers to help-octave]

PattiMichelle wrote:
> Hi Marc:  This time I got it right - I didn't get your modded wavepath.m
> file in the right place.  Here's the output under windows Vista when I
> run your m-file - I must not be running it from the right directory?
>
> Starting Octave...
> GNU Octave, version 3.0.0
> Copyright (C) 2007 John W. Eaton and others.
> This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
> There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTIBILITY or
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type `warranty'.
>
> Octave was configured for "i686-pc-msdosmsvc".
>
> Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.
>
> Please contribute if you find this software useful.
> For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/help-wanted.html
>
> Report bugs to <address@hidden> (but first, please read
> http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to write a helpful report).
>
> For information about changes from previous versions, type `news'.
>
>  cd "C:/Program Files (x86)/Octave-Qt/octave/Wavelab850"
>  - Use `pkg list' to see a list of installed packages.
>  - MSYS shell available (C:\Program Files (x86)\Octave-Qt\Octave\msys).
>  - Graphics backend: gnuplot.
>
> octave:1>octave:2>octave:3> WavePath
> Welcome to WaveLab v 850
> Setting Global Variables
> warning: implicit conversion from matrix to string
> I don*t recognize this computer;
> Pathnames not set; solution: edit WavePath.m
> Directory  does not exist.
> Enter the correct path (type 0 to exit): warning: implicit conversion
> from matrix to string

WavePath.m does a check for what kind of system you're running in order
to decide whether to use / or \ to separate directory names in the path.
 It looks like it doesn't recognize your system type because Octave is
running through cygwin or something similar.

Could you run the following commands in Octave and report the results
back?

1. computer
2. isunix
3. ispc

With that information I should be able to make a quick fix to WavePath.m.

Marc D. Normandin              http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~mdnorman
Graduate Research Assistant                     address@hidden
Indiana University School of Medicine           317-278-9841 (tel)
Department of Radiology, Division of Research   317-274-1067 (fax)