Re: dlmread.m not in ..\Octave\share\octave\packages\io-1.0.6 on Windows

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: dlmread.m not in ..\Octave\share\octave\packages\io-1.0.6 on Windows
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 09:44:44 +0200

Ola_p wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for my ignorance, I can't seem to find a good guide on Windows
> installs.  I've tried to use dlmread on a windows 3.0.0 Octave install, and
> when that didn't work (I couldn't skip rows and columns like the Matlab
> equivalent does), I installed the io-1.0.6.tar.gz using pkg install from
> Octave.
>
> When I look into my Octave packages directory, I have dlmwrite.m, but no
> dlmread.m.  I tried to find how to run dlmread.cc, but that's beyond my
> skills.  Should I have a compiler on my machine and should I be compiling
> dlmread.cc to create a *.m file?  I can't find dlmread.oct anywhere, and if
> I could, what do I do with it?
>
> I'd appreciate any help, even if it's a pointer to Octave in Windows for
> dummies.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ola

The version of dlmread in octave-forge was significantly rewritten
earlier this year and I believe it address all of the compatibility
issues. Version 1.0.6 should include this version. If you are using
Windows then yes you need a compiler installed to get this function.
Otherwise just upgrade your Windows Octave binary to version 3.0.1 and
you'll have the new version of the io package.

regards
David

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only