dlmread.m not in ..\Octave\share\octave\packages\io-1.0.6 on Windows

From: Ola_p
Subject: dlmread.m not in ..\Octave\share\octave\packages\io-1.0.6 on Windows
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 20:13:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Sorry for my ignorance, I can't seem to find a good guide on Windows
installs.  I've tried to use dlmread on a windows 3.0.0 Octave install, and
when that didn't work (I couldn't skip rows and columns like the Matlab
equivalent does), I installed the io-1.0.6.tar.gz using pkg install from
Octave.

When I look into my Octave packages directory, I have dlmwrite.m, but no
dlmread.m.  I tried to find how to run dlmread.cc, but that's beyond my
skills.  Should I have a compiler on my machine and should I be compiling
dlmread.cc to create a *.m file?  I can't find dlmread.oct anywhere, and if
I could, what do I do with it?

I'd appreciate any help, even if it's a pointer to Octave in Windows for
dummies.

Thanks,

Ola