Re: [OctDev] Windows Vista

From: KG
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:37:37 -0400

I've tried downloading several times over now, and it's been completing succesfully every time.  It just cannot manage to download all of the additional packages.  It's also not the same packages each time, so after installing Octave 10-20 I'm pretty sure I have them all by now.  I just don't know if they will al work.  Will I need a single installation to complete flawlessly for all of the packages to run?  Is there a way to install the packages seperately if they are not installed the first time through with the Windows installer?

- CircuitsMan

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Michael Goffioul <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Olli Saarela <address@hidden> wrote:
>  >>  I just tried installing and just over half-way through, windows say
>  >> the installation had stopped and needed to close.  Any idea about what is
>  >> going on?  It placed an icon on my desktop, but I can't uninstall Octave
>  >> because its not in the list of programs to uninstall.  What can I do?
>
>  Any more details from the error message? What were the most recent
>  messages in the installer window before the crash? Which options did you
>  select while installing?

I think the problem occured when downloading the additional packages
that are not built-in the main installer (this happen if you select
all components). However the download failed and the installation
stopped.

Michael.