Re: [OctDev] Windows Vista

From: Olli Saarela
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Windows Vista
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 19:12:37 +0300

Hello,

Has anyone installed Octave for Windows from sourceforge on a computer with
Vista?

As a short answer to your question: yes, Octave has successfully been installed and used on Vista. As an additional test, now when my Vista box has SP1, I uninstalled and re-installed octave-3.0.0-setup.exe. No problems, everything went smoothly.

 I just tried installing and just over half-way through, windows say
the installation had stopped and needed to close.  Any idea about what is
going on?  It placed an icon on my desktop, but I can't uninstall Octave
because its not in the list of programs to uninstall.  What can I do?

Any more details from the error message? What were the most recent messages in the installer window before the crash? Which options did you select while installing?

Olli