Re: gset term & octave

From: mbn
Subject: Re: gset term & octave
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:38:58 -0700 (PDT)

This sort of "fixed" my problem:

  gset term x11
  gset output "/dev/null"

  gset term png;
  eval(sprintf('gset output \"%s.png\"',file_name_prefix));

The garbage is not shown anymore.

However, is annoying to specify X11 at the begining because I get a window
with a plot that appears and dissapears quickly before I am able to set the
terminal to png and save the plot.

Can somebody suggest a way to do this without the X11 window being shown
with the plot?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I also tried without setting the terminal to X11 and priting directly
to the PNG but I see in the resulting .png only one of the series I try to
plot and not the others (although after looking at the size of the file I
think they are somehow there). Why could this be happening?