Trouble installing Java and Jhandles

From: Telescope_Nerd
Subject: Trouble installing Java and Jhandles
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 08:20:11 -0800 (PST)

Hi all
I have been struggling with installing the java and jhandles packages in
octave 3.0. I tried again recently with the newer versions of the packages
(java-1.2.3 and jhandles-0.3.2) These still didn't work but the error
message is more verbose so now I have some more info. Specifically when
installing Java-1.2.3 i get the make error:

make: *** No rule to make target `__java__.lib', needed by `all'. Stop.

does anyone know what might cause this error and how I can fix it?

Simon