Re: Trouble installing Java and Jhandles

From: Telescope_Nerd
Subject: Re: Trouble installing Java and Jhandles
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:57:55 -0800 (PST)

Michael
Thanks vey much for your help so far, each small piece of advice you have
given me seems to have had some effect. But I still don't have Jhandles
working In linux. It seems to me that installing and configuring Java and
Jogl to work with jhandles in linux is a highly non-trivial task and there
are no usefull instructions out there for how to do this. So I have two
questions:

1. Has anyone ever actually had jhandles running in linux and how much of a
task was it to get there?

2. Can you or somebody please release a step by step for dummies like me on
how to set up java and jogl to run jhandles?

I have used it on windows and know it's a great addition to Octave, I would
love to able to use it on Linux and i'm sure i'm not the only person who's
having trouble with this because it seems like you need to have the level of
knowledge required to develop a package like jhandles in the first place to
be able to install it!
Thanks
Simon