Re: Fwd: Re: gnuplot error when using hist

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: gnuplot error when using hist
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 04:44:15 +0900 (JST)

--- David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
> > --- Patrik H&#65533;gglund <address@hidden:
> >
> > Bug report for Octave 2.9.14 configured for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

> > -----------
> >
> > When using for example hist(rand(1,1e4),40), the bars above number 33
> > disappears and I get the following type of
> > errors:
> >

> Example works for me for 2.9.14 and gnuplot 4.0
>
> D.

This error stronly depends on the computer environments.
I experience the same error we I tried use ordinary pgnuplot but that Michael's
prepared.
At that time I was in the home.  While I carried out the same test at university
It was not happened.
Home : Celeron-M 1.2GHz
University HT-Pentium 3.4GHz

It would be possible that the code of gnuplot 4.0.0 is simpler than that of the
gnuplot 4.2.0.

Anyway the errors depends  on the environments and the origin of error relies
on the gnuplot not but
octave.

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/