dlmread

From: Manuel Mendez
Subject: dlmread
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 14:39:10 -0400

Hi,

I am using Octave-forge 2.9.13 on windows. I have 2 problems that I hope someone here can help me with.

First, I had an excel spreadsheet and saved it as a text csv using ' , ' as the field delimiter and ' " ' as the text delimiter. Is there any problem with that?

Second, when the above did not work using csvread, I tried dlmread. That did not work either. So I decided to make a new csv file called 'text1.csv' and put a few numbers into it.

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

I save it in octave's path and then execute dlmread('text1.csv') and I get a "could not open file" error, so I tried the full name dlmread('F:\MATLAB\hw6\text1.csv') and I get the same error.

So any ideas?

Thanks
Manny