Re: Installation of 2.9.12 - readline problem?

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Re: Installation of 2.9.12 - readline problem?
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:16:19 -0400

Thanks for your advice Thomas, but I guess I'll just forget about Octave 2.9.12 for the time being. I now have readline installed up the proverbial ying-yang. I have installed it once via macports and at least once directly. I've got
   \usr\local\lib\libreadline.5.2.dylib
and
   \opt\local\lib\libreadline.5.0.dylib
None of this makes any difference. When I try to ./configure Octave-2.9.12, I always end up with the same message
   checking for rl_set_keyboard_input_timeout in -lreadline... no
   configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later
configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable- readline

Life is too short. Im going to stick with Octave 2.9.9. That works for me.

Regards,

Vic