Re: Fwd: Octave on Mac

From: poti
Subject: Re: Fwd: Octave on Mac
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 15:10:31 -0400

On 14:05 Fri 06 Jul     , Thomas Treichl wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > I installed using the dmg of the ppc version from the link you had given
> > in
> > your earlier mail. For gnuplot, I installed it from
> > http://www.tucows.com/get/203840_81894
> >
> > Both octave executable and gnuplot are sitting in the Applications
> > directory. I tried addpath('/Applications/');  to the path. But still it
> > is
> > not working.
> >
> > -Ram
>
> Ok, so I can see that the link you've posted directs to something of gnuplot
> 3.7xxx. Octave-2.9.12 in general works with gnuplot 4.2, this could be one
> problem.

> Another much better solution would be that you get another gnuplot binary
> release (eg. hpc.sourceforge.net, or HMUG). At the moment I'm trying to build
> a last Mac app ie. gnuplot.app 4.2 but you shouldn't wait for it because I'm
> at the very beginning and this may take some weeks...

Dear Thomas,
I put your binaries on the 'Stat Live' dvd, burned an image, and
it _just worked_(at least as far as bringing up a command prompt in Emacs).
Thank you so much. If every component on that project
had been as smooth as this, it would have been ready for the public
months ago.

I am, however, eagerly looking forward to news (before the 10th, when I
start burning images) on this working with Carbon gnuplot because I just
can't add X to the DVD.

See
http://potis.org/software/livedvd
for more on this 'i-portable IDE' to be presented at the end of the
month.
-Poti